easyTEL+ implants for medium to large animals
easyTEL implantable system transmits physiological data from conscious freely moving medium to large animals such as rat, rabbits, swine, dogs or primates.
Our range of digital implants is intended for use in preclinical research (primarily toxicology, pharmacology and safety pharmacology studies) and biodefense.
Different models are available to meet your different study needs and provide:
- Biopotential (ECG, EEG, EMG)
- Blood pressure (Arterial and/or Left Ventricular Pressure)
- Respiratory rate (derived from pleural or blood pressure or diaphragmatic EMG)
- Acceleration from 3-axis accelerometer (activity)
Wireless technology has made possible the ability to reliably transfer high volumes of data from a freely moving animal. Advantages associated with this technique is obvious and well known: longer and better quality data obtained from less stressed subjects. Choosing easyTEL+ system means opting for :
RELIABLE DATA IN GROUP HOUSING
- Digital radio transmission, to ensure impossible data cross-talk
- Solid-tip electrodes available for noise-free intravascular ECG
A COST-EFFECTIVE INFRASTRUCTURE
- No refurbishment and no associated costs or delays
- Implant can be re-implanted as long as battery lasts
- Up to 500 days of continuous transmission on same batteries (battery life can be improved by configuring implant sampling frequency – battery on-time recorded for each implant)
- Simultaneous monitoring from multiple distant PCs
- Remotely detects, configures and set implant to active or sleep mode (No magnet required)
- Automatic recovery after any disconnection
- Synchronized video, alarms automated e-mails
With easyTEL+ telemetry system for large animals, physiological measurements are captured by a transmitter surgically implanted and radio-transmitted to a receiver.
Digital receivers are positioned in the animals’ room, within 4 to 6 meters distance from their associated implants. Each subject is therefore free to move, single or group-housed in its room, during the acquisition (max. 32 subjects per room).
The whole system is compact, as a single receiver can communicate with up to 4 transmitters, and is powered and transmits data through a single Ethernet cable.
Our range of implants
* Battery life given for standard sampling frequencies: Biopotentials : 500Hz (except for EEEETA, at 250Hz), Pressure 1: 250Hz; Pressure 2: 500Hz. ** Available mid-2018.
easyTEL+ M range of implants is designed for animals weighing 200g or more.
easyTEL+ L range of implants is designed for large animals, weighing 1kg or more.
All easyTEL+ implants can be combined with emkaPACK4G telemetry system. It allows, for instance, measurement of implanted ECG, temperature and blood pressure, along with non-invasive respiration from belts.
Data acquisition & analysis
easyTEL+ system exclusively runs with iox2 software for acquisition and real-time analysis of:
- Biopotentials (Full ECG Heart-rate, EEG, EMG)
- Blood pressure
- Onset of fever from temperature
- Activity from acceleration
- signal quality (QoS), with ablility to skip lost data zones
In-depth ECG and EEG analysis is performed by ecgAUTO software.
And many more.